Electrolyte drink is best for sports persons as it contains minerals, sodium, chloride, potassium, magnesium and calcium. If you are doing heavy workout for 1 to 2 hours then you need to replace electrolyte drinks with plain water, it will help you out to regain your lost energy instantly. Check out athletic greens protein and some people us this an alternative of electrolyte drinks.
There are many readymade electrolyte drinks are available in the market, but you can also make it at your home with some specific ingredients. Let’s check out some simple recipes for electrolyte drinks.
- Potassium rich electrolyte drink – if your body lacking potassium then you can take two fruits one is banana & second is avocado. Put them into blender with coconut water & honey, blend it well & have it.
- Calcium rich electrolyte drink – orange, lime kiwi, blackberries, blackcurrant, raspberry, strawberries & guavas are rich in calcium. You can choose any of these fruit & blend them with almond milk with sugar & honey to taste, or you can also use coconut water or plain water.
- Minerals rich electrolyte drink – Avocado, nuts, dark chocolate, yogurt are rich in minerals. If you like to eat chocolate then you can use it with milk & can add some nuts to create a funky taste. You can also use yogurt as a shake with avocado, honey & nuts, all of these ingredients will be blend in blender to make a smooth drink.
- Sodium rich electrolyte drink – Apart from salt all tropical food contain sodium , guavas , dried apple , orange & cranberry also have high amount of sodium. You can use coconut water with these fruits with a pinch of sea salt, honey or sugar to taste. For your personal taste preference you need to do some experiments with the combination of food.
- Vitamin c rich electrolyte drink – orange & lemon are very rich in vitamin c which helps you to enhance your immunity power, if you use these two ingredients in your electrolyte drink then it will be very beneficial for you.
- Squeeze 1/2 cup orange juice
- Squeeze 1/4 cup lemon juice
- One tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
Mix all these ingredients well , you can mix it manually or use any blender , to change the taste you can also add some fruits or coconut water.